Address: Evligias Hill, Rethymnon, Crete, P.C. 74100
Local manager:: Mr. Michalis Chalkiadakis
Tel.: (0030) 28310-29364
The Annex of Rethymnon is located at the hill of Evlygias, which is less than a 1 k.m. away from the city center, in a site of 11,640 sq.m. This remarkable complex, designed during the early 1970’s by architect Pavlos Mylonas, a professor of ASFA, consists of 2 ground floor buildings of 589 sq.m. total area, arranged around an atrium of 110 m x 120 m. The surrounding area has been formed with paths, terraces, flat open spaces and lounges within a landscape of dense pine trees.
- 1 two-bed apartment for teaching faculty, with kitchen and bathroom
- 1 apartment for students, with 1 double and 1 triple room and 1 bathroom, 2 double rooms with shared bathrooms and 1 double room with bathroom (total 11 beds for students)
- An exhibition hall of 126 sq.m., with slide projector, used occasionally as workshop room
- 1 kitchen, 1 dining table for accommodating 20 persons
- Workshops: specially designated large open spaces. Mainly serving Sculpture workshops
- Wi-Fi is available
Please note: the annex does not provide air conditioning or heating(there are only a few portable units for heating and air conditioning)
- Via ferry boat: regular schedules from Piraeus port to either Chania or Heraklion ports . Local bus line (KTEL) provides regular schedules between Rethymnon and Heraklion/Chania. Trip duration between Rethymnon and Heraklion is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes; between Rethymnon and Chania approximately 1 hour.
- Via airplane : The nearest airports to Rethymnon are Chania and Heraklion . Flight duration from the Athens International Airport "Eleftherios Venizelos" to either of these airports is about 1 hour. Local bus line(KTEL) provides regular schedules between Rethymnon and Heraklion/Chania. Trip duration between Rethymnon and Heraklion is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes; between Rethymnon and Chania approximately 1 hour.
View the embedded image gallery online at: