Address: Tompazi mansion, PO Box 33 Hydra, P.C. 18040
Tel.: (0030) 22980-52291
Local manager: Tassoula Lempesi-Kaliva
The Annex of Hydra is a 19th century building situated in the port of Hydra. The building is known as " Tompazi mansion" because it belonged to Admiral Manolis Tompazis, member of an old naval family of Hydra that took part in the Greek Revolution of 1821.
The building represents an important historical and architectural monument constructed with walls of carved stone. The building consists of 3 floors with 1.100 sq.m. of total surface and a courtyard garden.
- 2 double bedrooms for teaching faculty (one room with bathroom, and the other with a shared bathroom)
- 4 doubles and 3 quadruple bedrooms (total 20 beds) for students and 6 communal bathrooms
- Sheets, blankets and towels are provided.
- 2 kitchen rooms, 1 dining table for 20 persons
- 1 exhibition hall of 77 sq.m.
- 3 reception rooms (one of them includes a piano)
- Workshops take place at the atrium of the courtyard garden and at the arched verandas of the first floor.
- Wi-Fi: available limited range
Please note: the Annex doesn’t provide central heating or air conditioning (there are only a few portable units for heating and air conditioning)
Access to Hydra from Athens on daily basis with fast boats (“flying dolphins”) from Piraeus port. The trip duration is approximately 11/2 hours. The Annex is located very close to the arriving point of the boats.
View the embedded image gallery online at: